Wednesday, January 13, 2010

welcome to college life

College is wonderful time in a person's life, the preparations, the anticipation, the lack of adult supervision. I decided 2 years ago it was time for me to go back to school. I'm now at a respected 4 year Cal State university living in the residence halls because I'm not fond of spending the majority of my day in traffic building a slow rage as I move along at a snail's pace. There actually is a lot to be said for on-campus living, there is a lot of fun activities and opportunities for shenanigans. The one catch, at least in my situation is that I'm at least 10-11 years older than most everyone living in my Hall, and every other hall.
As I said earlier, one of the big things about going off to College is the lack of adult supervision. That being said I can't really comment on the other halls, but my hall particularly the 3rd floor is filled with a rather interesting range of characters. I believe Ben Kenobi said it best actually, "Mos Eisley spaceport: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." Ok maybe I'm exaggerating, I don't think anyone here is really a villain but there's definitely a few scum bags here.
Stay tuned for stories of Residence Hall living, and the occasional random factoids from the Hospitality Management world.

No comments:

Post a Comment